If you knew
these things, you wouldn’t need a marriage counselor, would you? This insider
info comes from psychologist Karen Sherman and from psychotherapist Wendy Allen,
Ph.D., author of How to Survive the Crisis of an Affair.
- Sixty-nine percent of all arguments between you and your partner will never
be resolved. So don’t try so hard.
- A couple that doesn’t fight is in trouble.
- Having a “good enough” marriage is the
most couples can expect and is actually quite an accomplishment.
- Letting go is sometimes better than discussing everything to death.
- Respect, not sex or money, is the most important factor in a happy marriage.
- There are marital breaches worse than an affair.
- A therapist cannot teach, train, or guide you to “be happy.” That is not a
reasonable outcome to expect from therapy.